Posted by: tinyeye | March 24, 2009

SLP and SLPA Wanted (Calgary)

Speech Therapy Telepractice

Hi Everyone,

We’re looking for a part-time Speech-Language Pathologist and Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant (SLPA) or Communication Disorder Assistant (CDA) in the Calgary, Alberta area.  If you or someone you know may be interested, we’d love to hear from you at info at (replace at with @ and no spaces). The postings are below:


Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant Position

Do you have passion for working with children?

TinyEYE Therapy Services is looking for exceptional part-time Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants (SLPA) and Communication Disorder Assistants (CDA) to work with our team of Speech-Language Pathologists.

Under the supervision of our Speech-Language Pathologists, you will be instrumental in helping children develop their communication skills. As your role involves working closely with children and their families, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and complete integrity. Your position may involve driving to children’s homes within the city of Calgary. If you do not live in Calgary, we still welcome your resume for consideration for our on-line services.

You will need:

* Proof of completion of a SLPA or CDA program
* A recent laptop and web camera
* Alberta driver’s license / vehicle
* Experience working with children with Autism (other disabilities an asset)
* Flexibility in your schedule which could include evening and weekend appointments

If you’re interested in being part of a team that is changing the world for children who have speech and language needs, please send us your resumes to info at (replace at with @ and no spaces)

Speech-Language Pathologist  Position

TinyEYE Therapy Services is looking for exceptional part-time Speech-Language Pathologists to work with children in the Calgary area.

The Speech-Language Pathologist will be responsible for:

• Assessing the functional communication skills of the child.
• Providing guidance to determine an appropriate mode of communication for the child and the child s family (i.e., verbal, gestured, pictorial, technology-based).
• Developing and implementing functional communication programs.
• Teaching language facilitation strategies to the parents and the Program Assistant (PA).
• Supporting the development of appropriate play skills.
• Targeting increased ability to stay engaged with a communication partner.
• Supporting implementation of visual strategies that may support the child with increased independent skills or with difficulties around transitions.
• Develop and present workshops for parents, staff and the public on applicable strategies for children with severe disabilities.
• Programming for generalization of skills to a number of communication partners and to a number of settings.
• Continuous expansion of communication goals once goals are achieved.

• Masters degree in speech-language pathology or equivalent
• Registered with ACSLPA
• Alberta driver’s license / vehicle
• Experience working with children with Autism (other disabilities an asset)

If a school district in your area needs Speech-Language Pathologists, please let me know by email as we at TinyEYE can help!

Marnee Brick, Speech-Language Pathologist,

Marnee Brick, Speech-Language Pathologist,

Marnee Brick, MSc
Speech-Language Pathologist and Director of Speech Therapy
TinyEYE Therapy Services (Speech Therapy Telepractice) Speech Therapy Telepractice

School Districts: Recruiting Speech-Language Pathologists? Job Boards not working? Click this link!


  1. I am an S-LP in private practise in Calgary and am interested in learning more about the part-time position.

  2. Please acquaint me with the application process and education requirement to be in SLP-A in Canada. I obtained a Bachelor’s degree in speech pathology and Audiology from the United States. Will this sufffice to work in Canada as an assistant?

    Thanks for a prompt an favourable response.

    Euraline Wiliams

  3. Good afternoon Marnee,
    I am a CDA living in Ontario. The idea of online speech services is new to me, but seems very interesting. I’d like to send you my resume if possible. Please let me know how/where to send it.
    Thanks so much,

  4. Hi Nicole,

    Thank you for your inquiry. It is great to hear from you. Please email your resume to and include your availability.

  5. I am SLPA/ITDS in usa and I will like to knlow how to aply for a work in canada I will appreciate the information you will bring me by the way have more than 20 years of experience and are bilingual spanish/english

    • Hello Sergio,

      Thank you for connecting with me. A good place to start is – that is the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.

      Best wishes,

  6. Hi Nicole,

    Thank you for contacting me. Please email your resume and availability to . Mention that you are seeking work as a SLPA. Thanks so much, Marnee

  7. Hi! I am going to be soon an SLPA graduating from Medicine Hat College in June. I am currently in Calgary doing my 2 practicums and am loving the city and am really hoping to get a job here! This is the first time of hearing about Speech services online but I think it would be a huge asset! I am very interested! Please send me any info!
    Sarah McDougall

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: